Dessert place : la Mosquée de Paris

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I love this place. You may remember it from the 2006 movie Paris, je t'aime. The tea salon that you enter from the corner is very refreshing, and inviting. There are always lots of people. It's fairly touristic. The mint tea is 2€ each, as are the pastries. 


Clockwise from the top: Corne de gazelle, Baklawa, Makroud. 
Normally, I love baklawas, but I found this one had too much honey and not enough nuts. The other two I had not had before. The corne de gazelle is really sweet; I liked the makroud the best. I am not sure if it had been dates or figs in the middle, though. All these are great Arab pastry classics.


J had these two, but I don't know what they are called. Anyone? He said they were nice :)


la Mosquée de Paris
39, rue Geoffrey Saint-Hilaire
75005 Paris
01 43 31 38 20

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Life

“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
- Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist -

About Food

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
- Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own -


About Dreams

“Savoir, penser, rêver. Tout est là.”
- Victor Hugo -

Subscribe