Lunch place : Belgian Beer Café

Sunday, January 08, 2012

I've been craving seafood chowder for months while away in France. The Belgian cafés in Auckland do them best. It's a massive bowl, filling enough to be more than a meal. Would be better with a side of bread slices, because the two aren't enough.

There are locations in four NZ cities, Auckland, Hamilton, Wellington and Christchurch. I said Auckland is the best because that's the only place I tried them. Out of the five possible Auckland places, I like the Occidental the best. This is where I have been the most. It's on one of my favourite streets in the CBD area. For brunch, lunch, and dinner. I have tried all of their beer. Love.

The Occidental
6-8 Vulcan Lane
Auckland City
Auckland
Ph. +64 (0)9 300 6226
The Occidental Belgian Beer Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Life

“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
- Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist -

About Food

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
- Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own -


About Dreams

“Savoir, penser, rêver. Tout est là.”
- Victor Hugo -

Subscribe