Dessert place: Mezze bar

Sunday, April 29, 2012

I know!! I went again!! I will always go back, until I find another favourite. It won't be for a while though, because I am waiting patiently for their Winter menu to come out. After the Japanese dinner the girls and I came here for dessert. We tried three different kinds of cakes - almond, chocolate mud, and berries/choco.
I enjoyed the berries the best. The almond one was nice too; it was very honey sweet.
Most of the time I come here, I either have their Turkish apple tea or a rhubarb cocktail. I didn't know they had Moroccan mint tea as well!!!! It reminded me of my time in Paris, at the mosque and at my family's near La Rochelle. I remember my French Mum teaching me to drink mint teas in the proper way. You have to pour the tea into the cup, then pour it back into the pot and re-pour again, to drink... If I remember correctly... The mint tea here wasn't as thick or sweet as the ones I had at the Paris mosque, which was lovely, since we had the sweet sweet cakes any way. We talked and talked, then it was already time to say goodbye. It was so lovely to see the girls again. Until next time :)

Mezze Bar
9 Durham Street East, 
Auckland Central
Mezze Bar Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Life

“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
- Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist -

About Food

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
- Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own -


About Dreams

“Savoir, penser, rêver. Tout est là.”
- Victor Hugo -

Subscribe