Brrr... Winter wander wishlist - Christchurch, NZ

Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Fluffy socks and shorts over tights, two hoodies, merino woollen gloves... In bed. It's just another cold Auckland evening here. I never go out of the house without my goosedown jacket but I wonder if it's just me. How can she wear only a blazer and not shiver all over, and how crazy is he in those short shorts running gear? Shock and admiration both flash past my brain, reflected across my face in a twitch. Hmm. I did a quick ten-minute workout after work today, and am patting myself on the back for having finally restarted moving. Winter jingles, your days are numbered.


Christchurch trip is next week and I don't really want to think about the freezing freshness that will hit me once I step out of the heated airport complex. Will just have to keep hopping to get my heated blood pumping faster. 

Sis decided to join me for the weekend, so will be glad to spend at least one weekend with the whole family, reunited. 

Things to do/see/eat:
  • Winnie Bagoe's pizzeria - they finally reopened in the city, after being forced away by the quakes - with Sis
  • C1 Espresso - again, in their new town venue - with K
  • Souvlaki - nom, nom
  • Jellypark - swimming.. spa and sauna?!
  • Movie date - with D
  • Mt Cook/Lake Tekapo - treks and stars?!
  • Ukelele with Mum
  • Reading - Brave New World by A. Huxley?!
  • Korean dinner - with M

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Life

“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
- Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist -

About Food

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
- Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own -


About Dreams

“Savoir, penser, rêver. Tout est là.”
- Victor Hugo -

Subscribe