Luna Park and St Kilda

Thursday, November 07, 2013

A short tram ride away from the city centre, the air smells different. It smells more fresh, and salty. On one side is the beach and its long stretch of boardwalk, and to the other side is the famous, long standing, open mouthed entrance of Luna Park, est. 1912. 

It feels like I'm in mini Santa Monica beach. In Los Angeles.

It's funny how American Australia feels at times. I mean, if I wanted to experience the American culture I would have gone to the States. Or is this what Australia really is like, a slightly more Americanised version of what I am used to in NZ? I thought we were more similar than this..

But then I saw the tiny blue penguins in the secluded habour area, on the far tip of the St Kilda pier. Ahh, penguins showing off to the packed attentive audience. This feels more like home..

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Life

“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
- Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist -

About Food

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
- Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own -


About Dreams

“Savoir, penser, rêver. Tout est là.”
- Victor Hugo -

Subscribe