Eating: Cannelé ou Canelé

Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Regional specialty. I've never really thought much of them. Whenever I see them I think of a kindly aged man with silvery grey hair and beard, like the grandfather in Heidi, giving a piece of a cannelé to his little granddaughter in a dress, out in the terrace. Not sure why, though I think it must have been something I read in a book somewhere, some time ago. A said that this was THE place to get them, the BEST. I am sure he is a little biased, being emotionally attached to this town by blood, but I must say, they were rather good. The best that I have tasted, in fact, dare I say. Perhaps I was influenced by his sure enthusiasm, but they actually had taste.






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Life

“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
- Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist -

About Food

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
- Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own -


About Dreams

“Savoir, penser, rêver. Tout est là.”
- Victor Hugo -

Subscribe