Christmas presents

Saturday, December 13, 2014

I was talking to Mum last night, and she asked me what I wanted for Christmas this year.

"Umm..."

I have kind of started to think about it during my trip in Rome, but...

There are things I want that are not really necessary, or even appropriate, for me right now. Like coffee table books. I would love them but please don't, not yet. They are heavy to carry around, and I only have a 25kg allowance. When I finally get an actual coffee table, then, maybe. Not this year.

Since being on the road for so long, I have been out of practice of receiving actual gifts for some time. This year is proving to be quite unusual, as I've already been receiving a relay of gift after another. Naturally curious, I opened some of them. Eek. You should never open your gifts before Christmas. Or just don't tell the person, because my Santa got quite angry that I didn't wait, the Christmas purist that he is. Oups.

Other things I want... they are kind of big things, or not even things, at all. Like trips to Morocco. Like paying off my huge student debt. Like getting me to get off my ass to exercise, already. That's a big one. They are more experiences more than anything else.


So, if you want to offer me something, offer me experiences, please.

Would you like to go to the Opera with me? a cooking class, perhaps? I would be all up for those :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Life

“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
- Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist -

About Food

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
- Virginia Woolf, A Room of One's Own -


About Dreams

“Savoir, penser, rêver. Tout est là.”
- Victor Hugo -

Subscribe